Wednesday, October 29, 2014

pocket poems

After another project (to be blogged another time) I had these wonderful 2" square pieces of book covers.



One thought led to another one and the end result was pocket sized poems. 


These are of the "found poem" variety - which I read recently is what the Dada art movement used. Even David Bowie writes his lyrics this way.


I keep my interesting snips in this little pastry tin.


I still have some finishing to go on these - edges, the back, etc. I'll show you the end result in my next post - and the other book cover project too. 

7 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Love this ! Sweet little bits, creative musings, artist soul candies.

Little Messy Missy said...

Sweet. xoxoxo

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE these.

Or should I say:

I
LOVE
th
es
e.

Jill said...

Looking forward to seeing how you choose to finish the edges. I came across my stack of book cover leftovers yesterday in my storage room. Found poetry is intriguing!

Threads of Inspiration said...

What a great idea! I have always loved magnetic poetry for the same reason...all sorts of interesting word/phrase combinations.

Gberger said...

What a freeing way to compose a poem! This should be used in poetry & creative writing classes...you've inspired me again!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

so FUN!